Almond and Honey Tart
Preparation : 45 minutes
Servings : 8 portions
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1 egg
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) ice water
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) honey
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 250 ml (1 cup) sliced almonds
- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat oven to 375 °F.
- In a food processor, combine the flour and salt. Add the butter and pulse a few seconds at a time until butter is the size of peas. Add the egg and water and pulse again until the dough just begins to form.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough and line into a pie plate. Fold excess dough inward to double the edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the crust is cooked, but still light in colour.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, honey, and butter using a whisk. Stir in the almonds. Pour into the crust. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the filling is firm. Let cool and unmould.