Curry, honey and squash soup
Preparation : 30 minutes
Servings : 6 portions
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 L (4 cups) chicken broth
- 1 can 398 ml (14 oz) coconut milk
- 500 ml (2 cups) butternut, buttercup or acorn squash, cut into large cubes
- 250 ml (1 cup) carrots, cut into thick rounds
- 250 ml (1 cup) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) curry powder
- 30 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, soften the onion in oil over medium heat. Add broth, coconut milk, vegetables and curry powder. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, purée the soup and add the honey, salt and pepper.