Preparation : 20 minutes
Servings : 8 to 10 portions
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole-wheat flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter, at room temperature
- 185 ml (3/4 cup) white sugar
- 185 ml (3/4 cup) honey
- 3 eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 250g cream cheese
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) honey
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and butter a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
- With an immersion blender, beat butter, sugar and honey until the ingredients are well blended and smooth, then add eggs, one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with milk to the mixture, then incorporate vanilla.
- Bake in oven 55 to 60 minutes. Meanwhile, mix all your icing ingredients together.
- Remove bread from oven and coat with cream cheese icing .